Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Got my teeth cleaned today! Yay!

I went to the dentist about 4 weeks ago, shamefully, it was only my second visit ever. Anyways, I blame it on my parents although I shouldn't be ashamed of it - they never took us to the dentist because we were poor and didn't have dental insurance.

Needless to say, I was due for a good cleaning. I went in today to finish up my cleaning. Last time all they did was debridement, and they spent 2 hours just knocking off tartar buildup. Man it feels soo much better with all that stuff knocked out. It was painful a bit, but I stuck it out. I didn't ask to be gassed. Besides the multiple cavities (five to be exact) my dental hygienist said that my teeth weren't as bad as they could have been. The cavities weren't so severe that I needed 5 root canals, or whatever other major restorative work would have been needed. She did say that I brushed my teeth well, and to keep it up. :) I feel like such a kid in there, because the rooms have animal prints and cartoons all over the walls and equipment. Not to mention, I could tell the staff was very used to seeing kids by the way they spoke to me.

Well, I have a few more appointments set up to fill in all of my cavities. Yay! Next step after this may be braces.... ;) My gaps are so big I could stick a pencil in between some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment