Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Appalachian Fair

Yes, we decided to visit the Appalachian Fair this year and see what all the fuss is about. Scott had gotten back in from Knoxville to spend the weekend at home, so he met us out at the fair. We met up, and got some fair grub. Of course, I can't resist the turkey legs. That's the reason why I even go to the fair. Some go for the rides, the expos, and maybe even the demolition derby, but no, I ONLY go for the turkey leg. So I almost overdose on tryptophan, then we get up and walk around aimlessly viewing some of the wildlife expos, and end up at the demolition derby. Spent quite some time there, saw a man with a really good mullet cheering for his favorite derby car.

Then we mosy onto the livestock and saw some really fat cows, like REALLY FAT. Like so fat and full of milk, the sac looked like it was gonna burst. I'm glad they are dairy cows, cause they had names...I can't eat animals that, I knowingly, was named. I don't mind drinking Daisy Cow's milk, but I can't eat her.

Ah, the rides, we did a couple of the rides, then I was done. Tryptophan and fast spinning rides don't mix. Not to mention I scream like a little girl on everything.


Here's some tasty photos from the glorious evening:

These sheep were really loving - we even saw one try to mount another.

A HA! The mini-horse!!!

The "cheepest" chicks you'll find!

Do you see what's wrong with this photo???? Poor, poor sheep!

Cow butts!

Little piggies!

And of course, the amazing mullet I told you about!!! Can't go to a fair and not see one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment